For some horses, even the slightest changes in diet, environment or training schedule can instigate gastrointestinal distress. Menthazan is made from a 100% natural blend of herbs and minerals, which have been traditionally used to soothe colicky pains, and normalise intestinal flow.
The Menthazan blend includes:
- Peppermint – used to relax smooth muscle spasms along the gastrointestinal tract
- Licorice – used to support the adrenal glands, as a gentle laxative, and to protect the liver and kidneys against toxicity
- Ginger – used to increase agni (digestive fire), to settle indigestion, and as a source of calming b vitamins
- Calendula – used to soothe and heal the gastrointestinal tract
- Magnesium – used to counter magnesium deficiency – a cause of muscle cramping / spasms
Menthazan boasts a delicious, sweet minty flavour that horses love, making it easy to administer.
Menthazan has been formulated in accordance with FEI cleansport guidelines, for use anytime up to and including competition days.
Menthazan is typically given at a rate of 10ml/100kg, as necessary.